A CHURCH-WIDE CALL
Throughout Scripture and Church history, God's people respond to crises with fasting and prayer. Join your church family in setting aside a day to FAST (as you are able) and especially to PRAY. We'll lay down our burdens and take up His priorities as we pray through the Lord's Prayer. **The fast begins after dinner on June 9th until dinner on June 10th. See also the Event Facebook Page.
Tuesday evening: god's glory & kingdom
"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name."
- Praise God for who He is despite our circumstances
- Pray that people would come to know & worship God for who He is
"Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."
- Pray that more people would enter God's kingdom by faith & repentance
- Pray for the love, justice, and peace of God to reign on earth
- Surrender health, finances, comfort, etc. to God's good & perfect will
Wednesday morning: daily need
"Give us this day our daily bread."
- Surrender tomorrow -"sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (Matt. 6:34)
- Pray for personal needs
- Pray for church needs-wisdom for leaders, finances, unity, etc.
- Pray for national/global needs-peace, protection, health, food, jobs, etc.
Wednesday afternoon: personal holiness
"Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors."
- Ask God to reveal to you your sinful thoughts, actions & intentions
- Confess your sins to God and to others as needed, asking for forgiveness
- Ask God to reveal any unforgiveness in your heart for you to let go of
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."
- Ask God to lead you out of temptations you're struggling to overcome
- Pray for God's help to give up & put to death the sin He revealed to you
five ways to engage
Tuesday, 6:30-7:10pm: opening zoom call
Ken Berding offers framing thoughts and leads us in praying "Hallowed Be Your Name, Your Kingdom Come..." (If possible, eat before you join.)
Meeting ID: 897 1619 0169
Wednesday morning: guided prayer walk
Sarah Lawson provides an audio track with reflections and prayer prompts based on: Give Us This Day Our "Daily Bread."
Wednesday, 12:00-12:30pm: guided prayer on Facebook live
Derek Brover leads us in praying, "Forgive Us Our Debts...Deliver Us From Evil."
Find on Redemption Hill's Facebook Page.
Wednesday, 2:00-5:00pm: drop-in prayer
Stop by the church lawn  to ask for prayer and pray with someone or  to get away for silent prayer (bring your own blanket).
Wednesday, 5:30-6:00pm: closing zoom call
Join a short testimony time where we will hear from each other how God moved us during our day of prayer.
Meeting ID: 835 8294 9859
resources on fasting
What is the purpose of fasting? - video by Donald Whitney
What the bible teaches about fasting - Article by ken berding
Fasting prayer sheet - handout by peter brown
a hunger for god - book by John Piper (Free online)